- understand the environment needed for piloting an initiative.
- understand the importance of experimentation and evaluation.
- understand the vital necessity of developing "best practices".
When I began this new school year, we were piloting Google Apps, but we didn't actually get our accounts until a few weeks after school started. That meant we had to modify and adjust fairly early in the game. This was when I discovered the value of the flexible group my 1st period turned out to be. They were willing to explore and evaluate workflow and protocols. They would help determine the best way the other classes needed to proceed. There were many things we had to figure out:
- File-naming conventions that were best to use.
- Easiest ways to share documents.
- Best ways to organize Google Drive.
- Best ways to organize and manage Gmail.